Last Updated: July 31, 2020
Welcome to Wenard Institute’s website, https://wenard.org/ (“Website”), which is managed and operated by Wenard Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation with a business address located at 4236 11th Ave NE #203, Seattle, WA 98105-4623. Collectively, in these Terms and on the website, the Website and Wenard Institute are referred to throughout as “we”, “us”, and/or “our”.
We may revise and update our Terms over time. By continuing to use the Website and access our services you acknowledge that you have provided implicit acceptance of the changes we make. If you breach any of the Terms contained herein, your authorization to access or use our Website and our services automatically terminates. We may restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the Website at any time in our sole discretion, without prior notice or liability to you.
I. The Wenard Institute name, logo, and Website
II. Interaction with Our Website and Content
- Offensive content: You agree to not submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
- Private content: All content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any content that you consider to be private, damaged, or confidential.
- Moderating content: We reserve the rights to remove or modify any content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the service at any time.
- Idea Theft and Plagiarism: We do not accept any responsibility for theft and wrongful use of any of our published works or ideas by users of our site. By submitting any works or ideas to our site, users release us from any responsibility for damages or loss caused by or connected with such theft or wrongful use. Similarly, we do not condone or support the use plagiarised works. If you have reason to believe that any content on our Website is plagiarized or constitutes idea theft, please let us know by submitting your complaint to the email address herein.
- You cannot not give false information: You cannot use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others.
- You cannot violate the law or rights of others: You cannot use our Website or any of our services in a way that violates the law or that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory.
- You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Website and/or any services provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Company.
III. User Code of Conduct
By accepting these Terms you expressly warrant and represent that all factual assertions you have made and will make to us are true and complete; that you have reached the age of majority and are otherwise competent to enter into contracts in your jurisdiction; that you are at least 18 years of age; and that in any event you are receiving a benefit by these Terms and by being permitted to access the Site.
Users may not engage in any of the following conduct while accessing and using the Website under any circumstances:
- Use of any of the interactive areas that could expose Wenard Institute to any liability or detriment, or for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating material that violates or infringes on any third party’s intellectual property rights, proprietary or contractual rights, or privacy or publicity rights;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating material that is objectionable to Wenard Institute or the Website, including, but not limited to, material that is unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, defamatory, threatening, abusive, hateful, pornographic, harmful to minors, promoting illegal activity, or embarrassing to another person or entity, as determined by Wenard Institute at its sole discretion;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- Posting spam or comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free form) or that otherwise disrupt the normal flow of dialogue;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating advertisements or solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, unsolicited bulk e-mail to users or individuals that have not agreed to receive such mailings, or other advertising or marketing that violates these Terms, or any applicable laws, regulations, or generally accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments;
- Accessing the Website with another user’s account, service, or system without authorization from Wenard Institute, impersonating another person, falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting an affiliation with any person or entity, or creating or using a false identity on the Website;
- Disclosing your own or another user’s identification or password to third parties, or using your own or any other user’s identification or passwords for any unauthorized purpose;
- Attempting to obtain unauthorized access to, posting to, or tampering with restricted areas of the Website;
- Disrupting or interfering with the security or proper working of, or otherwise abusing (including vulnerability scans), this Website, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers, or networks connected or accessible through this Website or affiliated or linked sites;
- Disrupting or interfering with any other user’s enjoyment of the Website or affiliated or linked sites; or
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website’s infrastructure.
We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details or any person posting materials to our Website in breach of this Section.
Wenard Institute reserves the right to monitor, record, edit, or remove any Content on the interactive areas for any reason, including lack of adherence to these Terms, and Wenard Institute has no liability for such action.
IV. Limitation of Liability
Neither Wenard Institute nor any of our principals, officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, agents or other representatives (collectively, “Wenard Institute”) are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages (including, without limitation, personal injury, damages for loss of business, loss of data or lost profits), under any contract, negligence, warranty, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to use or misuse of or reliance on the site or any Wenard institute service or linked site, even if Wenard Institute has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and in no event shall Wenard Institute’s total cumulative liability under these terms exceed the total amount, if any, paid by you to Wenard Institute to access the site. Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from use or misuse of and/or reliance on the site, from inability to use the site or any service, or from the interruption, suspension, or termination of the site or any service (including any such damages incurred by third parties). This limitation shall also apply to the costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, legal liability, lost profits, and lost data. Such limitation shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy and to the fullest extent permitted by law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. Provided, however, that to the extent permitted by applicable law you hereby waive the provisions of any law limiting or prohibiting such exclusions or limitations.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Site, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site or services, any user postings made by you, your violation of any terms of these Terms or your violation of any rights of a third party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. The Company reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with the Company in asserting any available defenses.
VI. Disclaimer of Warranties
A possibility exists that the Site could include inaccuracies, errors or information or materials that violate these Terms. This site, including any content or information contained within it is provided “as is,” with no representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, and without prejudice to disclaimers found elsewhere in these terms, Wenard Institute and its principals, officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, agents and other representatives (collectively, “Wenard Institute”) disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of title, non-infringement, accuracy, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties that may arise from course of dealing, course of performance or usage of trade. no opinion, advice or statement of Wenard Institute or its users, whether made on the site or otherwise, shall create any warranty. Wenard Institute disclaims any and all warranties for any information or advice received anywhere on or through the site and through any links provided anywhere on the site. Wenard institute does not warrant that your use of the site or any list services will be uninterrupted, error-free or secure, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server(s) on which the site is hosted are free of viruses or other harmful components. You acknowledge that you are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed to access and use the site and any Wenard Institute services, and all charges related thereto. You assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the site and Wenard Institute services. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material, information or data through the use of the site at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material, information or data. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Provided, however, that to the extent permitted by applicable law you hereby waive the provisions of any law limiting or prohibiting such exclusions.
- Entire agreement: These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us, and they may only be modified by written agreement between us and you.
- Governing law & jurisdiction: These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Non-assignment: You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- Rights of third parties: Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under state and federal law.
- Comments and complaints: We value your comments and opinions and always aim to fix problems where we can. If you have a question, suggestion or complaint about the Website or any of the content featured on it please let us know.
VIII. Notices and Correspondence
If you have any questions or complaints, are unsure of any of these terms, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
4236 11th Ave NE, #203, Seattle, WA 98105-4623